by Micah Hart
It’s Friday, which means it’s time for another edition of the tremendously popular series “Can he ball?” Last time out we discussed the merits of a certain late night talk show host who recently made his triumphant return to the airwaves, TBS’ own Conan O’Brien. You decided Coco, funny as he may be, is probably not one for the hardwood, by a vote of 40%-60%.
This week’s contestant is burning up the Internet right now, having been named earlier this week as People’s Sexiest Man Alive. That’s right, we’re talking about:
– First things first. Look at the abs on this guy. Athlete or no, he clearly spends time in a gym.
– Reynolds is a native of Vancouver, British Columbia. As a Canuck, you have to imagine he spent most of his time at sport playing hockey. Then again, you would probably have guessed the same of fellow BC native Steve Nash.
– As a sometimes contributor to The Huffington Post, Reynolds has written a little about sports in the past — once about running the New York marathon, and once about competitive eating, specifically, how terrible it is (slightly NSFW language). I don’t know what that says about potential basketball skills, but he is aware of ESPN, so that’s a start.
– According to filmreference.com, there is a history of athletics in the family, as his father was a semi-professional boxer.
– With reflexes like these, you’d have to think he’d make an excellent on-the-ball defender.
– Reynolds is married to Scarlett Johansson. I don’t know if that means he can play basketball, but it definitely means he’s pretty baller.
So there you have it. Not a whole lot of hoops-related evidence on this one, but it doesn’t mean you can’t make the right decision.
To the polls!