The Jet’s Backup Plan

by Kevin McCormack

Last week we brought you the details on Jason Terry‘s Larry O’Brien trophy tatoo on his arm.  That’s confidence! But what if the Mavs lose in The Finals? Well, according to Terry, he’ll get the ink removed. Ouch!:

But if Dallas does stumble in the NBA Finals, which open Tuesday in Miami, Jet is prepared to erase the leap-of-faith inking.

“It symbolized the fact we had a realistic shot of getting there.” Terry said Sunday before the team departed for Miami. “If I didn’t think we had a chance, I definitely wouldn’t have put that on there. … For me, it’s something I have to sleep with, something I wake up with.

“I definitely know it’s going to hurt worse if I have to take this thing off.”

Yep, if Dallas doesn’t win the trophy, look for Terry to get it removed.

“It means it was bad luck.” Terry said. “I’m very superstitious.”

If the Mavs do win, he’ll still require some needle time – he left the trophy open so he could fill in the date of the championship.

1. malandiako says:

Jason terry is the only teammat of dirk left since the 2006 finals againts heat,.. For me , JT ( JET ) should have his tattoo burnes and erase cause heat will sure win this NBA finals http://sportales.com/basketball/heat-versus-maverickswill-history-repeat-itself/ .. Jason is a very nice player and could be 1 of the key players that would led them to the championshi[p this season but i think all of their efforts is not sufgicient to beat the heat. i am sorry guys but lets face reality. a tattoo wont even hurt lebron james http://sportales.com/basketball/miami-heat-lebron-james-is-better-than-michael-jordan/ .. Thanks

2. joshua samuel says:

the jet should come to la dallas sucks

3. Delonte West says:

Oh Gloria!!!!!!

4. krid says:

here’s what i say about mavs.terry,chandler, and peja suck.they played very clumsy on offense.and im gonna put a stress on terry,if u put an nba title trophy tattoe on your bicep,make sure you work 4 it.You dont just suck in offense bt worstly on defense.Here’s what people say about your Defense,LAZZZZZZZY!!!!you’re not gonna get whats in your tattoe if you’re playing like that.JET!!show it,dont tattoe it.damnn!!!

5. krid says:

here’s mavs flaws terry,chandler, and peja sucksuch a poor performance.they played very clumsy on offense.and im gonna put a stress on terry,if u put an nba title trophy tattoe on your bicep,make sure you work 4 it.You dont just suck in offense bt worstly on defense.Here’s what people say about your Defense,LAZZZZZZZY!!!!you’re not gonna get whats in your tattoe if your playing like that.Jet!?show it.dont tattoe it

6. jar1118 says:

positive thinking…..negative results hehehe…The Heat will win the series :)

7. DIRK'S REVENGE!!! says:

WELCOM TO DALLAS!!!! Dirk’s BETTER THAN MJ!!!

Never doubt this team!

While your Superfriends were Celebrating TOO EARLY AGAIN Dallas finished you off …

That is what t looks like to play with Heart and a team that NEVER GIVES UP (LEQUIT!!!!).
    Too bad Lebron didn’t do that in Cleveland, but Dirk DID IT IN MIAMI!!!

EAT YOUR WORDS HEAT FANS!!! Dallas wins on your court!!!

All that BRAGGING and trash talk and CELEBRATING YOURSELVES … You are FOOLS NOW!

I am LOVING THIS!