Rajon Rondo Makes Every Opening Tip His Own

by Micah Hart

This is pretty great. A Celtics’ fan has taken the time to edit together footage of Rajon Rondo‘s strange little opening tip ritual, where for about two seconds he pretends he’s actually a member of the Harlem Globetrotters rather than the starting point guard for the Boston Celtics. Check it out:

How can the Celtics (allegedly) want to get rid of this guy?

H/T Deadspin

Seen something that belongs on All Ball? Let us know via email or Twitter.

1. Victor Manoel says:

Great stuff!

2. duro says:

“How can the Celtics (allegedly )want to get rid of this guy?”

Because he does stupid things?

3. erick j devick says:

Seriously, to fine and or suspend Rondo for incidental contact and not terminate Metta World Peace for nearly killing someone is laughable if in fact a suspension and or fine is/are issued.

4. Denzo says:

Man, Jermaine Oneal is good at Jumps!

5. WWJD says:

THIS IS AWESOME. AND YEAH ARTEST GETS 5 GAMES AND RONDO DID TRIP, LOOK AT THE CLIP, I REWINDED OVER AND OVER, HE DID STEP ON SOMEONES FOOT.

6. dattebayo says:

I like Rondo’s game, he totally rondominated the Heat in that one game this season. Still, i think there was at least one carry and I am not sure, but when he throws the ball in the air with his palm underneath the ball, isn’t that a shot and isn’t he technically not allowed to touch the ball after that? Just wondering…

And btw, he is always aggressive towards the refs and has to get that under control. He did get suspended for two games this season for throwing the ball at an official after a bad call. Somewhere i can hear Jeff van Gundy run his mouth: “What has this league become, that we… ” :D

7. gee says:

seriously, anyone who says that rondo is stupid is stupid because he is the future of the celtics franchise. OK?

8. Tracey says:

Thank you, that was too cool. I love Rondo. I have been a fan of his since his rookie year, and I have never noticed what he does at opening tip off, (maybe because I miss the tip off) but I will start making sure I am there in the future.
    Rondo for MVP, and definitely for All American 1st team!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Chris says:

Seriously, it would be stupid if he dribbled the ball off his foot out of bounds. But it’s not stupid for the best point guard in the league to have a little fun before the Celtics get into their half-court offense. We should appreciate Rajon while he’s playing, because he’s something special.