Dantley Shows Off New Career Path

by Zettler Clay IV

Not many can boast the skills of a gold medalist, basketball Hall-of-Fame slasher. Even fewer can translate such career into life as an “anonymous” school crossing guard.

But Adrian Dantley, 58, doesn’t mind the $15K/year salary in Silver Spring, Maryland if it means taking on a task with some meaning in his post-ball days.

“It’s not beneath me,” he said. “I’m a regular guy. I just played basketball. I’m a Hall of Famer. And I like working.”

a

a

Over/under on the percentage of the crossing children who know he played with Dennis Rodman and Isiah Thomas? I’m going with 5 percent. Under.

1. chilibean says:

he should be teaching young players. then he would be using his talent and as most of us know the young players need some fundamentals.

2. CLIP CITY says:

Good Job to AD! That’s 2 kids that live to see another day

3. dexter says:

i hope lebron, wade and bosh watched this after 2014 season when they become freeagent its not the money its the respect your going to earn, i hope they do it again taking less money to have the ultimate goal and if they do it the i hope like the other team mates will do it too taking less money this is for the new CBA RULE for less TAX & when the time they hang up their jersey the respect that they’ve earned will continue.

4. dexter says:

i hope lebron, wade and bosh watched this after 2014 season when they become freeagent its not the money its the respect your going to earn, i hope they do it again taking less money to have the ultimate goal and if they do it ,i hope like their team mates will do it too taking less money this is for the new CBA RULE for less TAX & when the time they hang up their jersey the respect that they’ve earned will continue.

5. RAM says:

is he a coaching staff for the denver nuggets during the carmelo anthony era?

6. Clayton Forde says:

It’s great to see a positive follow up story regarding an ex NBA star who isn’t broke, arrested or otherwise negatively reported on. “A D” was always one of my personal favs and I often wondered what had become of him.
    Thanks for the story.
    CF

7. Is he doing it cause he’s broke or because he wants to get involved and like working…really, what’s the real reason?

• Franc says:

I think even he could do better than 15k/year. This story definitely doesn’t have the plot of a broke NBA retiree. Perhaps you should consider that there are people in the world, although few, that just love to do the little things in life that make one happy.

8. rxnplc says:

Nice guy…remember him and his fam from G st SW DC during 70’s

9. adude says:

whatever floats ur boat

10. Eddy Ban says:

Adrian was one of the most ferocious nba player during his time.