NBA Style: Nash vs. Melo

By NBA.com Staff

Steve Nash and Carmelo Anthony both play in NBA — and fashion — capitals. Which player’s style has transformed the most over the years? Drop a vote down below, or tweet us with hashtag #nbastyle .

CARMELO ANTHONY THEN … AND NOW:

Denver Nuggets Havana Nights Charity GalaNew York Knicks v Los Angeles Lakers

STEVE NASH THEN … AND NOW:

Phoenix Suns v Dallas MavericksNew York Knicks v Los Angeles Lakers

1. Bringer of the truth!!!!!!!!! says:

Hey Steve’s Suit is killin right there! Great look 4 him.

2. pewpew says:

Steve Nash ofc. Not even close!

3. CARLOS EDUARDO says:

Carmelo back street boy?

4. Procopio Sprocopio says:

Nash=Perfection <3

5. ChinoB says:

Steve Nash could be a model after retirement if he wanted to

6. Steve says:

Steve Nash looks better. But I think he played better with his hair long. It confused his opponent and they couldnt tell where or who he’s looking at so they couldnt anticipate his moves.

• Francisco Bianchi (Chico Nash) says:

There’s some truth in that statement…well, other thing is that Steve is not a boy anymore…

7. TIM DUNCAN says:

HAHA

They should compare Russel Westbrook and KD35 For worst

8. Dennis - Bulls Fan says:

Its a basketball not a modelling competition, damn people what are we doing…

9. reggq says:

man, you guys picked a bad pic of Melo

how about Nash when we wore that pink sweater this season?

• nashty says:

well they are comparing them in suits not sweater. and even with sweater he still looks pretty good.

10. Brad says:

Steve Nash by far in this pic, you too can dress like Steve for a cheaper price…. Indochino is the company where that suit is from. Good Canadian company and I have a few suits, shirts from them!

11. Richard says:

Carmelo’s suite is killing me actualy!

12. kb24 says:

carmelo: “not a single crap was given that day”

13. fonz says:

Steve looks good but I think he’ll really kill it with a better hair cut!! But I think he has really transformed into a good looking guy!!! Melo could use a little slimming down for my taste. I think he has started but he needs to hit the weights and work on his endurance running to really get the basketball ” A” grade physique!!!

14. Junior Mukuna says:

I am African. I have a desire in dressing up. I have a major change in steve nash looks. I like the way he uses properly the two colors. The three pieces suits is great. He looks very stunning in that suit. I wish some one in that NBA could hire me to always check them out before going public. Bravo to Steve Nash…

15. Johan says:

Carmello would look good in common Saudi mens clothing of thawb and ghutra.

16. Robert says:

It looks like the Fresh Prince had a long lost twin!!!

17. Lakers ANY ONE? says:

LAKERS GOT THIS
    LAKES GOING ALL WAY

18. Junior Douze says:

I would like to know who in their right mind picked Carmelo? These people must not know about style at all. This is a clean, sophisticated and fresh look right there.

19. LemW says:

Question: Over the year transformation.
    1) Melo was and is always neat.
    2) Nash went 60s hippie look to sophisticated business style.
    The vote is landslide Steve Nash.

20. LemW says:

Steve Nash went from not combing his hair to the cover of GQ.

21. FL says:

lol nash look like a bussiness man or a lawyer.. all it need a briefcase…

22. Edumacator says:

Nucky Nash.

23. AJ says:

Steve Nash is channelling David Beckham in that suit.

24. Jr says:

The difference is Melo looks like he still want to dress like he used to but only changes because his wife bought him a suit for Christmas. Nash smashes it.

25. AVAKIL says:

The name’s Nash, Steve Nash.

26. Ace says:

Well, one of them willingly went to New York and the other willingly went to L.A. Clearly Melo generally has better taste. L.A is a hole.

27. king david says:

melo dresses far better than steve nash….. y’all just picked a bad picture of melo

28. Headhones says:

Combination of headphones and suit looks terrible, take notes Melo

29. Cell says:

Both players have changed and matured as player’s and people, but Stve Nash takes the cake with this one. He look’s like he went from chilled skater/stoner to a Ralph Lauren model.

30. anonymous says:

steve nash suit is better than melos but melo has changed but steve nash even more

31. Daniel says:

is this question a joke, steve nash has no style or swag, he was the most overrated trade last year too, carmelo keeps it real.

32. Evck says:

Of course you picked an awful pic for Melo. He usually dresses well. Look it up.

33. Shawn says:

you must be kidding. Steve with style? lol now that is funny nash’s suit is nice, but there is no comparison. Melo all the way!

34. Otis Tellin It lIke It is says:

Steve Nash is a great player but since he came to LA, he seems to have “glammed” out just like a lot of other southern california transplants. Laaaame. Don’t get caught up w/ all the glitter and glamour. It’s not all that…maybe that’s why you havent been winning games. Too much focus on your looks Nashty

35. emong bulol says:

great pair of shoes for Nash! gotta get me a pair as well..

36. Monte says:

Nash wins hands down…do you know why? Take a look at the ladies face in his pic, he couldn’t impress what looks to be a kitchen aide hahaha

37. Bradley says:

Wow! Don’t know who has changed more from previous till now, but I couldn’t help but notice how 1980′s Carmello looks in his suit. Steve looks like he belongs in 2013. Carmello with the Double-Breasted suit for the loss. Double-Breasted bespeaks my dad. I mean seriously, it’s still cool to wear double-breasted suits? It makes him look like he never wears suits and someone just picked it out for him and because of his lack of knowledge about dressing nice he just said “a suit is a suit.” And the mid area comes out too much giving him an illusion of having a gut. To Carmello’s credit, clothing doesn’t make the man, and I’m going on about what this post isn’t even about.

• John says:

I’m sorry but most of you have no idea what you are talking about. Both Nash and Anthony look sharp. Nash’s haircut is very popular right now as well as Anthony’s double breasted suit. Anthony did a good job pairing the printed shirt with the eggshell colored suit. Nash also did a good job pairing the dark tie with the light suit. Most guys would make the mistake of wearing a light tie with a light suit.

38. TonYoungBae says:

On the pictures used, it’s going to be Steve Nash for me but if we’re to based it on how both of them looks on their daily lives, Melo’s gonna take this one.

39. Timbo NYK says:

Melos got a lot to compete with in our own Walt Clyde Frazier so I think some of his style is rubbing off.

40. Nice website. Thank a lot for writing that. I will definitely check back to see what’s new and tell my friends about your site.

41. t-mac says:

LOL the woman in the background of steve nash pictures is like DAMN WTF is nash wearing

42. Ariel says:

definitely steve nash XD

43. BASH says:

Nash GQ

44. Raviel says:

Steve Nash, hands down. That suit is tailored-fit to perfection, plus he looks clean and dashing.

45. I do not even know the way I ended up right here, but
    I thought this post was once great. I don’t understand who you might be however certainly you’re going to a famous
    blogger in the event you aren’t already. Cheers!

46. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really neatly written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.

47. hair says:

Terrific paintings! This is the kind of info that are meant to be shared around the net. Shame on the search engines for not positioning this put up upper! Come on over and seek advice from my website . Thanks =)