LeBron James Covers NBA 2K14

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — It’s always a big deal to find out who will cover your favorite sports video game. Just a few years ago, the NBA 2K series shocked everyone by announcing Michael Jordan would make the front, giving themselves a tough act to follow. Last year’s game, NBA 2K13, featured a trio of Blake Griffin, Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose, as well as an executive producing role from Jay-Z.

How do you top all that? You get the King.

2K sports announced yesterday that LeBron James will make his video game cover debut on NBA 2K14. “My friends, family, and fans all know how much I love NBA 2K,” LeBron said in a press release. “I remember, as a kid, getting so excited for the game to come out and see who was on the cover and it’s amazing to be a part of this great tradition. I love partnerships and opportunities that connect me directly with fans. I know from my own experience and now watching my own kids, NBA 2K is among the coolest and purest ways for fans to connect to the NBA. I love being a part of it.”

2K announced there is also a “King James Bonus Pack,” for fans who preorder for the Xbox 360 or PS3, which features: 10,000 Virtual Currency to get a jump start on the competition; Extra content for the new Path to Greatness mode (details yet to come on that); LeBron James unlocked in Blacktop Mode; The all new LeBron James Signature Skill available for your MyPlayer.

NBA 2K14 drops October 1, 2013, in North America, and October 4, 2013, internationally.

NBA2K14_FOB_FINAL_Agnostic

1. Robert William Singh says:

I am very happy for LeBron James being on the front cover of NBA 2k14 in October I am pleased that leBron has won 1 championship for Miami and has done it all for the Miami heat who are seeking a 3rd championship for lebron James and for the king

2. Neal says:

In nba 2k 14 / u should have gf in mycareer and she can hangout with u in car and crib and do fun stuff after season finished and have a red carpet for the MVP and other Awards and Trophies

3. Neal says:

If u retire u should be the Coach in Mycareer

4. Gregory Givens says:

I have a couple of suggestions for NBA 2k14.

1. I think having commentators such as Charles Barkley,Shaq,Magic Johnson, and Steve Kerr would make the game more realistic than ever.

2. Also in the My Carrer mode, I think more of lifetime moment would be amazing. Coming out of high school and going through the combine and the draft, would be more interesting for NBA fans!

Just a few thoughts I came up with. Hope you can take this for consideration.

5. Brian says:

Is nba2k14 going to have dunk contest and other game modes?

6. Ty says:

I want to see an improvement on the accessories, for example socks over leg sleeves and ankle braces showing over socks just being able to overlap accessories. Like in real life like Derrick Rose wears his. And create a team should be more detailed and realistic. Being able to announce team name and edit your stadium and jerseys. Then 2K14 will be perfect

7. Kimberly Jackson says:

I really hope they upgrade hair styles tattoos and career mode Allstars throwback shoe game they need more throwback jersey .

8. Jae says:

I think they should put fantasy draft back into playoff mode,it makes it alot better when you can build your own team instead of using the same ones all the time. It has been in all the 2k’s until 2k12 an forward.

9. I do agree with all of the ideas you have presented on your post. They’re really convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are very quick for starters. May just you please extend them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.

10. Warren says:

I hope that when you create your own team, the team’s ACTUAL NAME will be printed on its jersey instead of some oddly shaped animal logo.

11. cdiddey says:

Will Jordan and the other greats be able to join active current rosters in 2k14??

12. Neal says:

In nba 2k14 u should drive a car to all Stadium,s

13. lenaheadey says:

its great news even he deserve this…because of him Miami wins his first championship.