Spurs Fans View Ray Allen’s Game 6 Three-Pointer

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — Just this past weekend at a barbecue, I was introduced to a gentleman from Texas. Our conversation, as many conversations I engage in tend to do, soon turned to the NBA, and this man told me he was a rabid Spurs fan. He quickly mentioned how tough the NBA Finals were to watch for a Spurs fan, and I mentioned that I was there in in the arena in Miami covering that devastating game six for NBA.com. We both shook our heads at the memory of that game.

Even though it was just a few months ago, Ray Allen‘s corner desperation three-pointer to send game six into overtime, which you can see in the clip above, has firmly found a home among the NBA’s all-time biggest shots. There in the arena in Miami, even as some fans had already headed for the exits, it was deafening when that ball swished through the net.

What would the reaction have been like had it the same thing happened in San Antonio? Thanks to a video working its way around the internet lately, we have a pretty good idea. The video below was shot in San Antonio’s AT&T Center during a game six viewing party for Spurs fans. Ray Allen’s shot happens right around the 55-second mark, and you can see hands go to heads throughout the arena as the shot drops. Oof.

(via CBS Sports)

1. celentano says:

That 3point shot from Allen was fixed,the referees swallowed theyr wisthle helping Miami for overtime !!!
    Ray took 3 steps without dribbling first, than jumpshoot the 3pointer. It’s a scam to let win Miami for game 7!
    By the way i’m not a spurs fan, but a b.ball fan for decades.
    The Nba is notorius for travelling-fouls allowing during games, it’s a shame at for a top competition!
    I know it d’ont bother’s for Americans at all,what a circus last decades!

2. Thurie says:

These All Ball blogs are really enjoyable and entertaining, I like them!

3. matthew mathis says:

IT WAS ALOT GOIN ON BUT I FEEL IT WAS A FAIR GAME AND WADE AND LEBRON EARNED THAT RING. THAT RING AND THE 2006 RING IS HARD EARNED RINGS. 2012 THE SEASON WAS CONDENSED TO MAKE ONLY THE YOUTH TEAMS WIN. LAKERNATION.

4. TheTruth says:

Celentano… You sir… Are a hater… One of the greatest clutch shots ever, by one of the greatest shooters ever (full stop)

5. Lawrence says:

Man, Ray Allen was a beast with the Bucks and Sonics. When he joined the Celtics he took a backseat to Pierce and Garnett and cemented his basketball legacy.

People disrespect Ray Allen for going to the Heat, and Boston fans hate him. But he had the last laugh, drilling a three, saving Lebron’s legacy and winning a 2nd championship.

You have to love his career stats: http://www.hostnumber.com/ray-allen-career-stats.html

6. jimbo says:

Celantino, you are right on. I thought Allen travelled when I saw the play. Afterwards I thought no, I just wanted that to happen. Upon seeing his shot from another camera angle…he did take three steps. Oh well, one Texas team kicked the crap out of Miami a couple years ago, so they saved face this year by being the recipient of a gimme. No wonder James was so focused after that, he was looking at a gift horse !

7. Michael says:

What was Pop complaining about?

8. TheTruth says:

that 3 did indeed save Lebron’s legacy. I can’t imagine the mental damage it would have done to him.

9. celentano says:

Try do this in a European b.ball competition if you have the chance ever!
    During the moment you put the 3th step without a dribble in a intstant it’s directly wisthlet by the ref’s as travelling-foul and giving the ball back at the adversary, sideline inbounds.
    That’s how it should be in fact,not like like the Nba ref’s they allow it like a typical American wrestling show circus style!
    That shot was bogus,i can make that shot ( 3 steps no dribble ) with my eyes closed!!!
    I consider the European league the toughest to play in a honest way, the ref’s are the most correct on the planet.
    And they only have 2 referees each game (no cameras or replays) still wisthle much correcter than in the Nba ever did!
    I still like watch nba games today only because for the ‘biggest show on earth’ like an comedy thriller movieshow.
    The Nba is NOT the “best b.ball competition on earth”, butt the “best overpaid basketball theater show on earth”!

• vinsanefan says:

but yet the NBA players still beat the international players in international competition, with international refs and rules…

• woooooo says:

lebron is in illuminati look at his pre game ritual that’s y they won the first n repeated dis year wen he wasn’t look wat Dallas did to him wat 12 pts a game??