New NBA League Pass Features Announced

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — NBA League Pass, which is basically already a requirement for NBA fans, turns twenty years old this season. And as it enters its second decade, viewers will get even more features than ever before. (Home and Away announcers, you guys! National broadcasts on demand!)

From the official release…

NBA LEAGUE PASS will mark its 20th season by providing fans with new features including direct access to a national game archive featuring all televised games on ABC, ESPN, TNT, and NBA TV throughout the regular season, and live feeds of both home and away team broadcasts for all games.

The new features will be available on NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, which is available complimentary to NBA LEAGUE PASS and as a standalone product. Additional package options include NBA LEAGUE PASS Mobile and NBA LEAGUE PASS Choice, allowing fans to choose up to five teams to watch during the regular season.

NBA LEAGUE PASS, the only fully integrated out-of-market live game package by a sports league, provides access to more than 40 live games each week through television, broadband, and mobile. NBA LEAGUE PASS will offer a free week trial on television beginning Tuesday, Oct. 29, along with special early bird pricing on all package options through Tuesday, Nov. 5.
NBA LEAGUE PASS
Launched in 1994, NBA LEAGUE PASS is available through cable, satellite, and telco distributors and includes NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband and NBA LEAGUE PASS Mobile. Along with live games in HD, fans will have access to the NBA LEAGUE PASS Stats Central Channel and NBA TV. NBA LEAGUE PASS is available for the early bird price of $189.

NBA LEAGUE PASS BROADBAND
NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband will offer new features including all nationally televised games included in the full season archive, and live feeds of both home and away team broadcasts. Additionally, the package includes a live-game DVR function to pause and rewind action, and the ability to watch up to four games simultaneously.

Fans can watch 30 teams with NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband Premium (early bird price: $189) or up to five teams with NBA LEAGUE PASS Choice (early bird price: $129.99).

NBA LEAGUE PASS MOBILE
NBA LEAGUE PASS Mobile provides fans with live NBA games on the App Store and Google Play. Available as an in-app upgrade within the free NBA Game Time app, fans can replay games, sign up for tune-in alerts and view game statistics. Additionally, for the first time, viewers can elect to receive NBA LEAGUE PASS alerts which provide real-time updates on key developments from live games each night of the season. NBA LEAGUE PASS Mobile is available for the early bird price of $49.99.

1. Raptors says:

When they said free week trial it BETTER be FREE i expect not go through a PAYMENT OPTION!. just like i did with the WNBA #sosickening

• Marcelo says:

Well I just signed up for mine and it does require you to put in card details for registration but I didn’t think anything of it and guess what…. yeah you guessed it I have just been charged!!!

2. the-truth says:

NOW ALL WE NEED IS A NBA LP HD PACKAGE (ALL HD)

3. RaptorsHansbrough says:

when they say free trial week IT BETTER BE FREE. I don’t expect a paying option when i get the free trial

4. TheAllStar136 says:

I wish that they give you the option to pay for only ONE team. If you are a fan one good team, why care to watch the Bobcats vs. Kings?

5. leslie says:

This is the worst thing you can get…they black out all the good games…and charge you money !! yay

• hersh says:

if you read the first paragraph. the new features. you won’t have a complaint. im excited

• jty7271 says:

I wish they would let the overseas customers view the half time and post game shows, particularly the TNT Charles Barkley ones.

• epiloni says:

True…. its hard not to fall asleep during breaks and time-outs staring at a blank page or same ad when its that late abroad (time difference).

• epiloni says:

True. It´s hard not to fall asleep staring at a blank screen (or even worse the same ads) during every break or time-out. Mainly being that late for a citizen abroad!

6. James says:

Shag got dunked on by Yao Ming

7. Lakers_hamid11 says:

Is that also included in the international package? There are a few (away) broadcasters I can’t stand listening to, so it would be nice to switch

8. Karlo Garcia says:

If the NBA LP was cheaper I would buy it. I would say like $9:99 :)

9. jackion says:

will those blackout games (those locally not on national) also in archive as well?

10. Jesse says:

When will the Apple TV NBA Gametime app be updated? Still cannot see any preseason games…

11. ioannis says:

SAME PROBLEM her only mobile and notebook

• Hayden says:

I still can’t see any preseason games on my Apple TV. I can watch on iPhone and iPad only.. Anyone have news on what’s happening here??

12. Jiimy says:

How many devices I can log in at the same time?

13. Jesse says:

Update Apple TV app. I wish to use it to watch games.

14. Tues says:

when are you updating the apple tv app?seriously…paying customers expect somewhat decent service

15. Helgi says:

Apple tv app needs updating… Can only see last season games…

16. Nick says:

App still not updated! Not Good Enough

17. James says:

Is the payment method still required for the free trial? If so is there any way to get around it just for the time the free trial is on ?

18. Frank says:

what exactly does MOBILE version give you. all these “new additions” say nothing about mobile only broadband. Is this true NBA?

19. billy says:

when will broadband include the halftime show instead of dead air. unless im mistaken nba halftime shows are products of the nba, excluding privately owed networks. ie tnt nba espn. however the programs that run on the said channels have a deal with the nba to play the game on their networks. so why is there no half time show on broadband

20. Jenny says:

I have the premium package, does anyone know how to choose the home/away feed? I don’t see the option anywhere.

• Kenyo says:

Me too cant see home and away feed’ how?

• Jenny says:

Found out if you hover the mouse over the game as it’s playing, “home” and “away” options appear( in upper left hand corner when I did it) Apparently only 1 feed available if the game is being shown on national tv, including NBATv, TNT, etc.., so I couldn’t see it on my game as it was also on NBATv. Tried it on other games that were on and saw the options.

21. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information
    you provide. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that
    isn’t the same unwanted rehashed material. Fantastic
    read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds