Indiana Pacers Have Terrible, Awful, No Good, Very Bad Travel Day

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — On Tuesday earlier this week, I took a flight from New York City to Los Angeles. When we all gathered at the gate to get on the plane, we had to wait a while for the plane to arrive from its earlier flight. Once the plane arrived and we all boarded and got settled, the pilot came on and told us we would be delayed because they were having problems refueling the plane. Once they finally solved that problem, the pilot came back and told us that we’d have to wait to take off because we were deep in the line of planes waiting for clearance. And then we got switched to a different runway and had to go wait in that line. (Note to any pilots out there: If you begin an announcement to the people on your plane by saying, “When it’s going wrong, everything goes wrong,” before the plane is even in the air, it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence. Just saying.)

On Wednesday, the Indiana Pacers won at Utah, and then had a late-night flight scheduled to San Antonio, where they play on Saturday. And that’s where the drama began, as Bleacher Report’s Adam Fromal broke it all down.

First, bad weather forced their plane to land in Houston instead of San Antonio. So they decided to take a bus to San Antonio.

Second, the bus broke down on the way to San Antonio.

Third, they stopped for food and What-A-Burger was closed.

Fourth, the bus started working but the defroster on the bus stopped working.

Fifth, the defroster started working but the bus temperature rose exponentially.

Sixth, and perhaps most troubling, Pacers guard C.J. Watson locked himself in the bus bathroom. Luckily, Roy Hibbert captured the rescue efforts on Instagram.

The good news? The Pacers finally made it to San Antonio. The way the Pacers have been playing this season, this might be the only thing that slows them down.

(via Bleacher Report)

1. Skerg says:

Dammmm, I’d be most mad that What a Burger was closed!!! Love you InDY!!! Go Pacers!!!

2. Robert Smith says:

LOL!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA THATS FUNNY………….. MUST HAVE BEEN FRUSTRATING TO GO THROUGH ALLLL THAT SORRY TO LAUGH BUT THATS FUNNY AND GLAD NO ONE WAS HURT COULDVE BEEN WAY WORSE…. MAYBE PACERS SHOULD NOT MAKE IT INTO ATT CENTER SO THEY DONT GET SPANKED BY THE BEST IN THE WEST GO SPURS!!!1

• Area 55 Fan says:

I love the Pacer’s sense of humor. I love the attitude of the team. I think this will carry over to a victory on Saturday. Ten games winning over the Pacers is enough. Go Pacers

Area 55 Fan

• RIP CITY BABY!!! says:

“Who’s that!? I thought I heard something about winning??”

- THE BEST TEAM IN THE WEST (check your facts, bob)

• nbapacersfan says:

LOL… that is funny! (…that last line where you talk about the Pacers getting “spanked” by the Spurs) ;)

3. lol says:

I think we can all agree that Pacers vs. Spurs is going to be one hell of a game!

4. jake s. says:

Dude i would be soooo mad if whataburger was closed. They are supposed to be open 24/7! If i was Paul George I would have kicked that door open and grilled myself up a burger!

5. Eli. Odell J. says:

I guess its like they say… when it rains it pours…
    but look at that big bulbous black cloud next time if you will, look at the edge, on that edge yonder you’ll find a silver lining, why worry about what can’t be helped? God has a plan in it all, and that fork in the path, wrong or right, is always yours to command, take the right

6. Nice Blog thank you so much !!!!!!!