The Miami Heat Hit The Nail Salon

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — I remember as a kid reading an interview with Julius “Dr. J” Erving, who talked about how he would regularly get manicures. His reasoning, as I recall, was that he made a living using his hands, so it only made sense to make sure his hands were in the best shape possible.

Apparently this same logic applies to the Miami Heat. Yesterday, several members of the Heat took to social media to document an off-day in Los Angeles at a nail salon getting manis and pedis. As LeBron James tweeted, “Getting this great pedicure/foot massage+ shoulder/neck massage at the same dang time! Have to take care of your dogs Men! It’s part of our life blood!”

As Udonis Haslem wrote on Instagram, “Getting a lil work done on my dogs with @kingjames, @moneymase8, @rayn34. Ray (Allen) says this is one of the keys to having a lengthy career. Hell if I knew wrapping my feet up like peanut butter and jelly was gon help get me 18 years I could’ve been trying this at home. Lol.”

1. Adrian says:

Why did Lebron take his shirt off for a pedicure, everybody needs to see the guns, especially when you live your life on instagram

2. Jkwon says:

That is so cool. I wish I was there getting my nails done.

3. Erik B says:

Leave it to Miami to make anything into news. Drop everything you’re doing Lebron is going to the mall!! Perfect time for a front page article. OMG is that Dwyane Wade at Target!! What a great way to show off my journalism prowess. As an Indianapolis native and Pacer fan, I’ve got all the respect in the world for the Heat. They bring a lot of fun to the game and that group of guys are as tight-knit as any, but seriously? Mani’s and pedi’s? I know the Pacers are kind of getting a little too much attention in the media even though they’ve accomplished nothing yet, but let’s leave nba.com’s front page for basketball related articles please. I know it’s not Lebron’s fault for this article, but LANG WHITAKER, GET A LIFE YOU BUM!

• pKone says:

You know it isn’t Lebron’s fault…. and yet you start with him and his team mates.

As for the quality of the article, yes this is a “Puff Piece”. Which is what you expect at this quiet time of year.

However! There is an important message in here!

No, not that rich people are spoiled… that’s a fact, not a lesson ;)

But really: take care of your feet! If you get good upkeep on your feet your whole life improves.

You don’t need a fancy pedicure or wraps of any kind, but start with proper support and hygiene :)

4. robert mckinney says:

wtf

5. kevin says:

guess they gotta find stories to tell about miami as much as they can cuz they sure arnt gonna be writing about them in june

6. dustydreamnz says:

Gotta love the Heatles T-Shirt!

7. BiG Mike says:

What man gets his pedicure ?…….. Damm! LB you look like you need New Feet Wooooooooo!! :^X LoL :^) JK

8. Travis Best says:

lbj didnt post on this yet – wow!

happy ending – jesus smile lookin so