Joel Embiid moves on to Rihanna

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — When we last checked in with rookie Sixers center Joel Embiid, he was once again showing his social media prowess by making an (ultimately failed) attempt at meeting Kim Kardashian on Twitter. This following an attempt to recruit LeBron James to join the Sixers.

That didn’t work out so well, but it hasn’t slowed Embiid’s passion for public displays of his affection, as he has apparently decided to re-focus his social media attention on superstar singer Rihanna

Rihanna has yet to respond, at least via Twitter.

1. JM says:

Poor kid! Shaq’s mind in Hakeem’s body…

2. CR12 says:

he’s either completely crazy or really funny

3. lacrampa says:

nobel prize is coming

4. Embee says:

Someone get this kid a drink…the thirst is real! lol

Both of those women aren’t impressed by your rookie contract dude, you need to be hollering at Nicole Scherzinger or Kesha! lol

5. LEPO LEPO says:

It’s amazing to see Twitter fuel his dumb sense of humour. Blows my mind that people re-tweet this, what a joke this guy is.
    Is he trying to be a comedian or what? I don’t think it’s very professional.
    And yeah yeah you can tell me “it’s just a joke” but look at what he says… Looks like typical ramblings of a new narcistic generation.
    He’s not a good role-model, the man can’t even write a proper sentence and he’s not funny, he’s also not proven himself but all of this makes him look like a clown.
    Please stop giving this man’s bad jokes attention. That would be great.
    I have never seen this guy in real life but I hate him already.
    Thank you for reading.

(maybe I don’t get the advanced American humour, please teach me if so)

• Chris says:

Shut up. Lighten up! Jeez.

Embiid has talent! What he does on twitter has nothing to do with him on the court. What he does on twitter is fine. It’s not like he’s sending death threats.

• PHIL CANT HELP NY says:

Yesh, he could be killing somebody and taking there belongings. Then what would you say.

• RJ says:

The kid is barely 20. I think it’s admirable and funny that he isn’t buying into the mystique of Hollywood royalty, and trying to ground these people, and connect them to more normal people. He’s just a 20 year old kid.

I also think this shows his humility, since he’s obviously joking, and showing an awareness he has no real chance of landing LeBron as a teammate, or Rihanna or Kim Kardashian as a girlfriend. He’s just using his new semi-celebrity status to make a lot of people laugh, and probably see if he can get any of these famous people to interact with him once they hear of his twitter nonsense.

As for his English, I believe it’s his third language.

And again, he’s 20.

6. PHIL CANT HELP NY says:

another black man in the news

7. Nick says:

Damn Embiid gettin those ladies! Jk. He’s the MVP of Twitter. I laughed when it said he tried to recruit LeBron.

8. don says:

Dwight Howard Jr.

9. Scisca says:

I love his twitts :) Keep on rollin’ man!