Warriors on the gridiron

By Joe Boozell, NBA.com

Steve Kerr has never coached in the NBA before. Nor has he coached in the NCAA, or MLB, or the NHL … or the NFL. But that doesn’t stop him from seeking advice from the most innovative and successful football coaches in the business, so Kerr paid a visit to Seattle Seahawks training camp yesterday. He wanted to see Pete Carroll’s coaching philosophy up close and in person.

The Seahawks, of course, have plenty of NBA fans on the roster. Carroll likes to get each day of camp started with a fun competition, so wide receiver Bryan Walters challenged the Warriors’ new coach to a shooting contest. Doug Baldwin was kind enough to tweet the play-by-play:

One of the best shooters in NBA history couldn’t possibly lose to a … Say it ain’t so, Steve.

Kerr wasn’t the only Warriors staffer to visit an NFL training camp yesterday. NBA legend and Warriors consultant Jerry West was spotted at New Orelans Saints practice today with Saints general manager Mickey Loomis. If nothing else, the Warriors might be one of the toughest teams on the hardwood this season.

1. lbj says:

Seeking advise for football coach won’t give Steve Kerr his 4th ring. He needs to be a coach in Cleveland and listen to our “king” LeBron while he’s doing all the work for his 3rd ring. Just follow his lead just what our “king” LeBron always said and you will have a ring by June!

• #24 > #23 says:

You don’t even know what you’re talking about. Kerr has 5 rings (more than yo boy LeFlop will ever get): 3 with Bulls, 2 with Spurs.

• Scott Gallagher says:

“Follow my lead”, how’d that work out for the Heat?

Ya…that’s what I thought.

2. TheKush says:

The Warriors fire Mark Jackson and give Steve Kerr an UNPROVEN COACH a five-year deal worth up to $25 million! LoL! Was Mark Jackson perfect? Nope but I personally didn’t understand that move sounds like 1 step forward two steps back in my opinion. Hope I’m wrong because I love watching Warrior games!

3. TheKush says:

• Spurs Fan says:

Mark Jackson was a great coach and a great motivator. I believe he was fired due to some dysfunction in the front office. But the Warriors are a very fun team to watch, I’ll be interested to see what direction they head in now.

• Scott Gallagher says:

That and the fact that when you have two of the top offensive threats in the game, ON the same team and you STILL rank in the bottom in offensive effiency…someone is getting fired!

4. olol says:

advice for steve kerr, don’t make friends with the seahawks – ______ -

5. […] Warriors on the gridiron | All Ball Blog with Lang Whitaker […]

6. Phillyd80 says:

Please boot this LBJ troll, really please!!!