Don’t call Justin Timberlake a bandwagon Grizzlies fan (UPDATE)

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — He may not be as ever-present as Spike Lee is with the Knicks or Jack Nicholson in Los Angeles, but Justin Timberlake has long been a fan of the Memphis Grizzlies. It makes sense, as Timberlake is a Memphis native, and he’s publicly been an NBA fan for years now. I mean, Who can forget when he served up Kenny “The Jet” Smith at the All-Star Game years ago?

VIDEO: JT vs Kenny

And in 2012, Timberlake actually became a part-owner of the Grizzlies. So last night, it wasn’t much of a surprise when JT tweeted his support for the 10-1 Grizz.

But that didn’t sit well with at least one of his twitter followers, who accused Timberlake of being a bandwagon Grizzlies fan. And Timberlake fired right back. It’s clear who’s the owner here.

UPDATE: Just in case you didn’t believe him, the Grizz tweeted this pic of JT repping the Grizz way back in the day…

1. Jon says:

Don’t know who to start, trade, or pickup? Create a player poll on FantasyChecker.com and see what others think!

2. Step says:

Justin Timberlake can’t be a Band Wagon Rider when he owns a share of the Grizzlies & he is a Memphis Product.!!!

3. dustydreamnz says:

Yeah, he’s been a fan for ages, not what I’d call bandwagon.

4. Tom says:

Woohoo, in your face!!!! That is a big time burn to all the people talking trash about Justin Timberlake jumping on the bandwagon.

In the end, we know who we like. Who cares what others are saying. I love my Clippers since the days of Bo Kimble, Charles Smith, and even Danny Manning. Am I on the Clippers bandwagon? No, but Jack Nicholson is.

5. lbj says:

What about the Cleveland bandwagon? Anyone?

It’s the bandwagon being pulled by King Lebron in one direction and pulled in the other by Dion Waiters and Kyrie Irving.

6. I hope people do realize that Grizzlies have been very good for about 5 years.

7. Khoibe says:

I think he meant to say BoyBandWagon.