Kevin Garnett is back in Minnesota

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — it wasn’t a huge move, but maybe the most emotional move at the NBA trade deadline was the Minnesota Timberwolves trading with Brooklyn to re-acquire their former franchise cornerstone, Kevin Garnett. KG isn’t the player he used to be, but he’s still a remarkable competitor and an unparalleled locker room presence, expected to provide a steadying veteran hand for the Wolves. He’ll make his home debut Wednesday against Washington (8 p.m. ET, League Pass), but first, earlier today KG showed up for a photo shoot in his old number 21 uniform. Almost feels like we should’ve saved this for #TBT…

1. Jordan Fan says:

I love KG intensity life is and will always be a fight

2. Aktom says:

I hope this will help Bennet and Wiggins a lot !

3. Ju monstar says:

The big ticket will really help those kids to focus on winning

4. JBsmooth says:

Starter on my all-time top 5 team no doubt. Sorry Tim Duncan.

• Jeff says:

Not so smooth JB….Why not do a count of rings……..umm 5-1 Timmy…….Although KG is a great payer, a future HOF, Timmy is the best PF ever and I don’t even go for the Spurs!

• LovantheNBA says:

He already knew all of that, and acknowledged Timmy D by saying “Sorry Tim Duncan”. People on the internet, gotta act like they know everything, even when its sooooo obvious. Go play minecraft kid.

• Kel says:

They’re both legendary players. Tim’s had the better career and I think it’s impressive how consistent he’s been throughout the years. He’s also had Popovich by his side. That doesn’t take away from his greatness, but he’s definitely benefited from belonging to arguably the best and most professional organization in all of sports. KG in his prime, though, he could do it all. He was a triple-double threat and could legitimately play positions 1-5. It’s a tough call. Tim’s career is so impressive. But head-to-head in their prime, I would have picked KG to build my franchise around. I can’t fault either choice though. They are both great in different ways.

5. Vlad says:

Tim Duncan is a center.

6. Realist says:

Dude KG was a one man band in Minny for 10+ years while timmy had the support of Pop and the spurs system for his entire career. One on One KG beats Timmy 9 out of 10 times. KNOCK IT OFF!

7. troll says:

kg is the bomb

8. Shishkabab says:

As long as Rubio doenst shoot well… they have a big issue in min.
    I like Rubio and wiggings but wiggens is also not a overall good player and his defence is overrated. He cant help a team win big games. Maybe after a couple of years but not now…

KG is the MAN…. and he is better than Duncun. Both guys are true winners