Inside the Pelicans locker room celebration

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — It took them almost every minute of every game, but last night the New Orleans Pelicans beat the San Antonio Spurs and qualified for the NBA playoffs. This was cause for celebration, and while the Pelicans celebrated on the court, they were able to cut loose a bit more in this video from inside the locker room, which also includes coach Monty Williams’ congratulatory speech as well as their postgame prayer. Great stuff…

VIDEO: Pelicans celebrate

1. jermaine_thu says:

good job pelicans !
    celebrate a little (15/20 minutes max lol) and focus on the first round now. the warriors is a regular season team, you can beat them. Davis, show to the media-curry what a real mvp is.

2. Warriorfan2015 says:

Warriors will win Championship. This year June 2015. Pelicans will be swept. sorry. Coach Kerr.. Klay Thompson, curry and bogut…too much

• GB says:

You might be in for a little surprise. Don’t count the Pelicans out that easily. Not saying they will win the series but it may be closed than you think. I’m sure they also didn’t take too lightly the comment you Warriors made last week about their game against them being like practice. Sometimes people get humbled and this just might happen to your Warriors.

• Raph says:

They have to get past San Antonio first, we all know Kawhi can shut down every single scorer on that squad.

3. yotu says:

pelicans in 7

4. celentano says:

the turtels in 2,lol!

5. ThunderFan says:

Congrats fans been a roller coaster of a season. Hope New Orleans have a great post season and keep your fans happy! Anthony Davis has played one hell of a season. Y’all deserve this so, much respect.

6. Prince Dwivedi says:

Can we focus on bigger and better things?

LIKE BRINGING THE SONICS BACK TO SEATTLE

7. scash says:

I am just happy to see their hard work pay off. I am also happy to see teams still recognize God in their success.
    Amen

8. OKC says:

Can’t be mad at the Pels, with the champs in their way they snatched that 8 spot. AD was incredible in that game, I’m probably not the only OKC fan who watched that game instead of OKC vs Minn.

9. emon says:

good to see they thank God for what they accomplished to 8th seed.
    keep it up…

10. Jason says:

Some years ago, Dallas was the number 1 seed and had the best record. They had a chance to beat the Warriors with Baron Davis. Avery Johnson Benched some players and made some very awful decisions late in the game. Dallas lost that game which also gave GSW the 8th seed. GSW upset Dallas that year. Now, last week GSW had a chance to beat NOP, but they gave NOP the fire by telling them lets go get this scrimmage(You heard reference to it in this clip). Had GSW won, Pels would be out. Now the Pels are going in with confidence to play the team they actually want to play. Let’s see if karma plays a role…again!

11. Noel says:

Amen!!! Believe in God and their talent comes from the Lord. Well deserved playoff berth. Give your opponent a great series! Go Pelicans!

12. Sim Bhullar says:

They deserved to be in the Playoff.. unlike the Celtics…

• LOL says:

Yeah and Sim Bhullar doesn’t deserve to be in the NBA until he has dropped around 80 pounds.

13. Paul says:

lets go get this scrimmage!! lol

14. Prince says:

@LOL

People have the right to leave their opinions in the comments. You don’t gotta take it so personally. SIM BHULLAR deserves to be in the NBA whether you agree or not. He’s the first INDIAN to make the NBA and he deserves mad respect. You on the other had don’t got the right to say anything. Stop hating and know that he’s in the NBA because he’s good enough to be in the NBA. Even if he gets 10 day contract, he is and will always be known as the first INDIAN in the NBA and not only me but the INDIA is proud of him.

Sim Bhullar you are an inspiration. Im Indian too and you’re honestly the Indian Lebron James. And just know, you’re the only Indian to make the NBA which automatically makes you the best Indian Basketball player in the world. Good luck on your career and CHAK DE FATTE. Hope to play against you one day lol

Take Care and let the haters hate.

15. TIM TIMbo says:

why is this religious. LEAVE RELIGION OUT OF BASKETBALL- .I find it disrespectful.

16. Chris says:

It makes me sad that so many coaches are basically pastors. I was excited for the Pelicans when watching this clip until it got to the prayer section. Then I just felt awkward watching it because I imagined the discomfort that some of the players in that locker room must have felt. I love basketball, but I’d love to see a more inclusive bonding culture develop at some point.

17. LOL says:

Sorry to inform you of this but Sim is in the league as a media stunt and to attract an Indian audience. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think there is anything wrong with this, it would be amazing for the NBA if the two countries with over half the worlds population both loved bball, but be real, this guy is not ready for the NBA and will probably never catch up coordination or skill wise. He looks terrible on the court and is not in professional athlete shape.

18. sharpspur says:

SOUTHWEST!!do us proud pelicans…im looking forward to seeing your team shine this playoffs!!they counted the spurs out many a time!!!i trust you will show the rest of the league how much heart you have!!!im counting on it!!#SPURSGANGLIFE!!!!

19. Crockett Librarian says:

Great job Pelicans! As a die heart Saints fan, I want to welcome you to the neighborhood. The Saints have taught the fans in New Orleans that patience is a virtue and you must never give up hope. I believe in Pelican Nation. I thank Mr. Benson for keeping NBA in New Orleans. Sadly I can’t afford to attend SAINTS games anymore and so I really enjoy taking my family to Pelicans games. I am low middle income but I can afford to attend a few games with my wife and two kids. Go Pelicans!