LeBron takes a mid-game selfie

VIDEO: LeBron selfie

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — During last year’s Hang Time Road Trip, when Sekou Smith, Rick Fox and I spent a week visiting NBA teams, we learned at least one important lesson: When taking a group selfie, let the former NBA player with long arms take the photo. This helps with making sure the camera is as far away as possible, so many people can fit comfortably into the picture.

Last night in Cincinnati, during the Cleveland Cavaliers’ preseason game against the Atlanta Hawks, when there was a break in action, LeBron James took a seat on the scorer’s table and found a stray phone, so he picked it up and got the people behind him involved in taking a selfie.

As LeBron said after the game: “The refs were looking at a play and we had time in between. Just being cordial with the fans. Like I said (Wednesday morning) these guys (in Cincinnati) don’t get an opportunity to see us all the time. It just popped into my head.”

You can see video of the funny moment above. And as for the picture? Not bad, King James…

1. johnnytc1 says:

Awwwwww… So cute King. Don’t you have to be focused on the game? I’ve never seen anything like this before. Does this guy just do what he wants? King, I think you better bring some other things into focus…

• Missing AI says:

It’s a pre-season game… Just admit that the guy is kind and he is good to his fans on a personal level. How can someone hate on something like this, it’s ridiculous.

• mario says:

one :its preseason, so relax
      Two: Im pretty sure if you had the chance to take a selfie with your favorite NBA player/ or a NBA legend you would
      Three: RELAX

• Ruben says:

It’s a preseason game!!!!!!

2. rodrigooz says:

severe hairloss, that my new nickname for him, lebron airloss james

3. johnnytc1 says:

Its just the King being the King. I’m still trying to figure out what he’s king of? Can someone help me?

4. paco rio says:

Haters will always be haters

5. No one can match Lebron in anything. LOVE him.

6. Snarf says:

Awesome.

7. billy says:

i am not a real big fan og labron ,butu have to give credit where credit is due.the man is a beast.is battles with the spurs are some of the best basketball ever played and this speaks about his knowledge of the game.the ultimate floor general.hes not jordan but hes specail.he will ne as big as jordan when it said and done ,but no one will ever show complete dominance in the finals except for jordan.so if ur just hating on the man,dont u get it he wants u to hate him because he does stuff like this and it is awesome.man that kid will go to school and become something more because of that.believe me.labron .my long elated respect is urs.i am a fan of nba for over 30 years

• Paul says:

Not a fan but I respect LeBron….But when it’s all said and done he will NOT be as big as jordan to the game of basketball. I will even say he is just as or even more dominant than mike. But achievements are a huge part of your legend. Mike went to the finals six times and won all six times. And retired in the middle to come back reclaim what was his a few more times lol. That is just something super special. Ask most players and they will say this is what they do this for. Besides the millions this is the ultimate recognition of their talents. Lebron will not have that same opportunity. The stars would have to align now. They need to give this man help……his team just stares at him half the time. Im not a fan and I just get frustrated seeing it…..

8. johnnytc1 says:

You shouldn’t hate anyone… Especially, this is just a game. But King brings it on himself. He is way too in love with himself and has been sucking his own exaust for way too long. Respect is earned! Did you ever see Michael, Magic, Larry, I could add more act like this! Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5 not 6…. King James? Blaspheme!

By the way, 0-2. What’s up King? Did you all leave your talent in South Beach?

9. Liam Michie says:

I would call lebron the king, but we all know the real king of the NBA is Kemba #fact

10. johnnytc1 says:

KING! Whats going on, 0-3? Please break it down for us! Any selfies tonight ?

11. qstafford50 says:

That’s what’s so special ,about LeBron,His focus on kids.

12. tagabukidph says:

this is a heart-warming gesture, regardless if you’re a fan or not…

13. johnnytc1 says:

It’s about continued self promotion and marketing…Maybe insecurity too…. Hey look at me… All fun aside, I really do feel sorry for him. He will have a difficult landing as his career winds down…

14. Liam Michie says:

Lebron james is overrated! Don’t know why everyone calls him king james! More like jester james! if you agree or disagree reply

15. johnnytc1 says:

He is quite entertaining… How about the pre season so far. They’ve lost, not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 and counting… The selfies, the dancing, the commercials, the posing with the new hair style is all over rated King. Shouldn’t the King be a winner not a winer. Shouldn’t the King be Steph Curry/MVP and reining NBA champ? This season will be a lot of fun.