8-year-old Hawks fan figures out how to stop LeBron James

ALL BALL NERVE CENTER — How do you stop LeBron James? It’s a question that has vexed coaches and players around the NBA since LeBron’s debut back in 2003. But maybe, just maybe, an 8-year-old Hawks fan has figured out how to stop the King.

According to a letter sent to Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer, while reading a book about the Cavs and LeBron, an 8-year-old named Eli discovered that LeBron’s eponymous website contained a section that listed LeBron’s strengths and weaknesses. And if you’re looking to stop LeBron, like the Hawks may want to do, perhaps employing strategies to exploit those weaknesses is a valid idea.

(via Reddit)

1. obvious says:

The letter doesnt actually say how to stop him, it says there is a website that says his weaknesses.

2. Noitidart says:

Hahahaha that is hilarious what cute kid. The weakness is the officials, if you are playing the Cavs, the referees allow the Cavs team members to be fouling everywhere and the refs won’t call it. Remember that Matthew D kid, that was some disgusting stuff. And then Tristan Thomposn, how does he get those rebounds? Yeah illegally, because the refs are on his side.

It’s an unfortunate truth, that the refs cheat. They side with the big money guys like LeBron James and Steph Curry, and give their teams all the calls. I’m with Eli, I hope teams find out how to beat the refs that are on his evil side.

• Lovins says:

Right…the refs have totally been on LeBron’s side…as he lost in the Finals 4 out of 6 times…

(sarcasm, in case you’re as dumb as your comment implies)

3. Noitidart says:

Just wanted to say props to the NBA. To allow comments that are heated towards the refs through. Major props. My posts in the past used to not go through. Awesome of nba.com to allow it now.

4. Not just Yet says:

You hawks will NEVER stop my Cavs! Hope that book has a Plan Z

5. Michael says:

I don’t know if I can completely believe that the true weakness of LeBron James revolves around the officials. This refs are paid to call a fair game. I think its just that those LeBron or Curry haters are just jealous of some players that have natural talent. You guys are salty!

6. LeoG says:

Hey, guess what, I love that 8yr old kid, Eli; i think that he is going places bcz of these key facts: he researches, he reads, then he comments; that is brave, bold, and refreshing. Follow that kid, please. LeoG

7. Zidan says:

nah dawg what up with that mug. I graduated from the streets, so I know how to stop this fool. Easy money. I want this LeBron James to hit me up and I’ll tell him what he can do better

8. Norbat says:

Noitidart is right… The refs are calling some bull$&@ calls to favour Lebrick James. The NBA had to apologize even on the game against the Nets… Cause you could clearly see Lebrick fouling Brook Lopez. Total no respect from the refs… Refs should get technical fouls too on blown calls like that… Just saying

9. djunsan says:

Yah… Lebron James whacked Brook Lopez on the arm to get the “steal” at a crucial part of the game RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF WHO WAS LOOKING AT THE WHOLE PLAY… of cos, Cavs win by the skin of their teeth on a last second shot by LBJ… It’s good to be King

10. johnnytc1 says:

if da king isn’t flopping or fouling he would be taking half of his game away… then whining in the press conference about his teammates. da king and his merry men are just barely getting by the worst teams in the east. It’s going to be a long season for cav fan. They just lost to Washington who are in the basement of their weak division. was uo king wit dat?