Brooklyn native Damaris Lewis has appeared in the 2009, 2010, and 2011 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issues. In 2012 she toured with famed musician Prince as his muse / dancer, all the while keeping up with the happenings of the NBA. She’ll be reporting on all things NBA Style during 2013 NBA All-Star in Houston.
All-Star Saturday | Style Guide
By Damaris Lewis
Photo 1: Kobe Bryant
- Kobe got tired of telling people everything he’s accomplished so he put it on his jacket.
- What happens when Kobe tries to type all of his NBA titles and medals into a tweet and they can’t fit.
- Now THIS is what I’m talking about. Cool, calm and collected. I love the burgundy pants on Joakim, Russell Westbrook decided to get on my good side by wearing suspenders, and Kevin Durant in that plum suit is the definition of dapper.
- I kind of wish that Joakim Noah had on longer socks, it would have made this look a tad more formal. All-Stars is like the Oscars of basketball, but I love the look nonetheless.
Photo 3: The All-Star newcomers…and Luol Deng
- Jrue Holiday, Brook Lopez, and Paul George look great. I love the bowtie on Holiday. George could have lost the scarf to make his outfit a little neater, but his copper tie is my favorite accessory in that elevator!
Photo 4: Dwight Howard, Zach Randolph
- Trying to figure out if Dwight is about to head into the All Star Game or a T-mobile commercial audition.
- Z-Bo is auditioning to be his understudy.
- I didn’t know they made pink pants in size “Giant.”
Photo 5: Chris Paul
- I loved this look until I looked down and saw his “Russell Westbrook Jurassic Park pants” socks!!!! I’m going to have to give State Farm a call to fix this.
- Take note fellas: If you are going to wear a full collard shirt, tie, and vest, do as Chris does and tuck in your tie.
Photo 6: Tim Duncan
- Tim Duncan, like Kobe, probably told himself yesterday morning “I don’t care about fashion, I’m here to play.” What happened next? This outfit.
Photo 7: Westbrook, Durant, David Lee, Howard
- I want you to take a good look at Westbrook, Durant, and Lee’s faces. I’m pretty sure they all wanted to ask Dwight why he’s wearing the 2011 All Star Game’s Pink Carpet on his legs.
Photo 8: B.o.B.
- I don’t have to squint and ask myself what he’s wearing today so I’ll just leave it at not squinting. Even though I’m sure he is with those sunglasses on inside the arena.
Photo 9: Westbrook’s new Jordans
- Because it’s MJ’s birthday I won’t go in TOO much on these sneakers. I will say that if someone ever decides to make a movie called “Crouching Dinosaur, Hidden Fashion” that these need to be on the poster.
Photo 10: Beyonce
- It’s Beyonce, she can do no wrong. *drops mic*
Photo 11: Kevin Hart
- Wondering if Kevin Hart had to get this green jacket tailored because the size small was too big for him.
- Sunglasses. Indoors. #YOUKNOWYOUCANTSEE.
Photo 12: Ke$ha
- Ke$ha thought she was performing on Dia de los Muertos, not on All-Star Sunday Night.
- Somewhere in the world a kid has just picked their Halloween costume for this October.
Photo 13: Ludacris
- I can’t tell if that’s a picture of Kobe, Chuck, or a life-size portrait of a bald Kevin Hart on his shirt.
Photo 14: Diddy and Jay-Z
- All Black Everything!!! Nothing bad to say here, two pioneers of hip-hop looking very clean cut as always.
Photo 15: Gloria Reuben
- *singing* You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happyyyyy when skies are grey.